You may be familiar with the term “mindfulness.” There is no doubt that it is becoming more and more prevalent due to a number of factors, including popular bloggers and podcasters singing the praises of mindfulness. To back that up, a number of founders and CEOs of popular companies have also come out to state their desires to be more mindful when they are interviewed. Whether it’s a new clinical trial session or popping up as a cultural reference, mindfulness is becoming a term that people are using every day. The core idea being to bring your mind into the present moment and awareness rather than losing yourself in thought or becoming distracted.
By gaining a higher awareness of ourselves, our minds, and our surroundings, we are better able to reach a harmony in our relationships with others. Only by applying the concept of mindfulness to your daily life can the benefits truly manifest themselves. With that in mind, here are some ways you can bring mindfulness into your everyday life:
- Experience nature through walking. Even 10 minutes a day is enough to bring a new sense of being into your life. Feel your body, focus on the walk and what you are doing. Walk with intention. Observe how you feel while you walk and remember the physical sensations that you are experiencing.
- Mindful eating through a macrobiotic diet is a very healthy option. Pay attention to what you eat and when you eat. Eat with intention and don’t lose track of your thoughts when doing so. Pay close attention to feelings of hunger and satiety.
- Self-care through mindful systems. Ailments can come in many forms, and finding healthy and mindful options to alleviate those ailments is not always the easiest thing to do, but using mindful practices, like Bach Flower Remedies, can be beneficial.
- Daily meditation is essential to bringing focus into your everyday life. Not only does it assist with clearing out the mental cobwebs that can build up, but it can also have a number of proven health benefits. Start out with 5 minutes and work your way up. This practice can be done as often as required. A focus on breathing is a good way to clear your mind of thoughts.
- Daily reflection assists with alleviating worry from your mind. At night, before going to sleep, review your day and list the important things that you did and that you want to remember. Remind yourself of the things that are in your control and the things that are out of your hands. By doing this, you bring calm and happiness into your mind.
The practice of mindfulness should not be stressful. If you are having trouble, consider seeking the help of a professional. Alicia Sirkin is a Bach Flower Remedy Practitioner and Personal Achievement Coach. She has helped her clients bring heart-centered balance and mindfulness into their lives. To find out about her coaching programs, or the Live Balanced and Bold Program, call 305-666-5958.