I know what it’s like to feel stuck and unhappy. Do you?
Stuck in little ways and big ways. In the end, I’ve learned that feeling or being stuck has a lot to do with my states of mind, beliefs and life situation. Feelings of helplessness, hopelessness or confusion can result when a sense of frustration, impatience or anger at myself or others accompanied the stuckness.
If you’ve been following me, you know that I have a very strong proactive nature. The proactive part of me refuses to stay stuck! Thanks to teachers and mentors, I learned that frustration, irritability and impatience are forms of anger, and that anger covers fear, and fear covers sadness.
A major Ah-ha lesson!
I began looking for what I was angry about, afraid of or sad about. Those underlying mind states kept me stuck in unwanted emotions which diverted me away from the clarity, logic and reason I needed to see what next steps will undo the sometimes paralyzing stuckness.
Here are 5 strategies that have worked best to restore my clarity and proactivity:
- I remind myself that I’m not perfect and that there’s no right or wrong. All decisions lead to the lessons I need to learn for my next steps in life.
- Anger doesn’t solve anything so it’s pointless to feed any form of anger. Instead, forgive yourself and turn the energy of anger into positive actions of forgiveness, compassion and kindness toward yourself and others.
- Recognize when your ego mind is working to control the situation or others. You may not succeed if your ego rules over your mind. Discover ways for your mind to rule over your ego!
- Things will work out. No reason to be afraid. Situations, relationships with ourselves and others, jobs, health, family, etc. all have risks associated with them and if we don’t take consciously planned risks, we’re not really living, we’re simply surviving. Though these aspects of my life may not work out the way I expect or planned, in the end whatever happens will take me to the next level in my personal growth.
- Where our mind goes, so goes our life, health and vitality. My daily practice of mindfulness and gratitude meditations bring me great peace and clarity. It’s when my mind is quiet that I receive inspiration, clarity and answers to questions. The longer I have practiced these mind-based techniques the greater the benefits I have received along with a deeper sense of Universal love and inner calm.
Does this resonate with you?
My passion is to help you discover your authentic self…the voice that may have hid in the past beneath old unserving patterns that no longer work.
Whether you are looking for a non-judgmental guide to help you safely dig into what’s not working and find the courage, skills and determination to better manage or overcome it, an accountability partner who whole-heartedly believes you can do it and will help you stay on track, an educator to teach you new techniques, tools and modalities that facilitate change, or to help you get to know your true Self through a higher connection, I’m here to help! And, I’d love to meet you.
Alicia is a Personal Life Coach based in Miami, FL and Aspen, CO. She works both virtually and in-person with clients who want to better their lives and feel more empowered. Alicia offers structured guidance to make tough life decisions, such as when making career/life changes, managing difficult relationships, feeling stuck, looking for direction, coping with health issues or feeling indecisive, unworthy, scattered or lost. Learn more here.